Harry's Mom here. The pug is in time-out so I'm taking over his blog. Why is he in time-out? I found him by the cat box this morning when I got out of the shower. Enough said?
So, I've decided to get in on the fun and do the Christmas meme that's been going around. Ok, here goes:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless it's an awkward shape and I don't have a box.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real!!!! I don't understand the pine needles issue. I have a tree skirt and I vacuum that a bit but I really don't have an issue with pine needles until I take the tree down - but that's easily cleaned up. I love the smell of a real tree and the hunt for the perfect one!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the 2nd week in December. I'm going to be in New Orleans this weekend otherwise I would put it up then. So, probably go get it one night next week. If I can find some nice person with a truck to help me ;-)
4. Wreath on your door? Sometimes, but not usually.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! Publix makes a really good low-fat eggnog that I'm totally addicted to.
6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? Soho, my Siamese cat. He was the cutest little thing. I still don't know how my parents kept him hidden until morning!
7. Easiest person to buy for? No one!!! I try to find the "perfect" gift for everyone, something really thoughtful - so it's hard!
8. Least easiest? My brother. He buys everything he wants.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, although I send a few e-cards. This year I'm doing the Dogs With Blogs card exchange, so probably a lot of e-cards there!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of any really bad ones.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid-December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of. I have put a few out on the alley though!
15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? If I'm dating someone, we usually do Christmas Eve. My family does Christmas morning but when I was little we did one on Christmas Eve.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! I like white lights rather than colored, but the past few years I've used gold lights and I love the warm glow they give off.
17. Favourite Christmas song? Father Christmas - The Kinks :-) Traditional would be the Nutcracker Suite (yes, the whole thing!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I always go to my parents house in Mobile. I guess that's one good thing about being single, I only have to visit one family!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Donner and Dancer, Comet and Blixen, Cupid... and Rudolph. I guess not!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have one of those old-fashioned looking sphere/ball/pointy thingies.
21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? My dad usually whips up something tasty other than the turkey. One year he stuffed a pork loin with crab meat... it was soooo good! My brother always brings seafood over from New Orleans and I really look forward to that!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The emphasis is on presents and I think what's most important is spending time with family and friends.
23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour? My ornaments are very diverse but almost all of them have a memory associated. Many were gifts or things I bought on a trip. Last year I bought my first pug ornament and I'll be adding to that! I just love unwrapping them all from the tissue paper and thinking "Oh, yeah - I forgot about this one!" or "I remember when (insert name here) gave me this..."
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? I like the traditional turkey and dressing and I LOVE the dessert salad my mom makes. I can't remember the name but it's marshmallows, mandarin oranges, coconut (I think) and I can't remember the other things. It's yummy!
25. Brussels Sprouts - love or hate them? Hate.
26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? Huh?
27. Favourite Christmas Carol? Any! I think O Come All Ye Faithful may be the prettiest one ever.
28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing? Decorations
29. A Christmas wish! Good homes for the pups and kitties out there in need of one.
30. Tag a Seasonal Six! - Join in if you want!