Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey Baby

A post from Harry's Mom.
Yesterday I got the sad news that a very dear friend had passed away. It seems there's a lot of that going around lately.

Here in Birmingham we have this fantastic place where friends meet. That's actually what it says on the matchboxes "Lou's Pub & Package Store - Where Friends Meet."

Lou's is one of those unique bars that is truly a neighborhood bar. The bar is populated with all sorts of characters, and the regulars know that on any night of the week we can go in and sitting at the bar or at one of the tables will be someone we know.

I take Harry there when the weather is nice and we sit on the patio. Lou, character of all characters and proprieter, would sometimes bring Harry treats - Cheerios. So, not only have I always felt at home, Lou made Harry feel at home too.

Here's Harry at Lou's Pub.



Sadly, Lou passed away Wednesday night and left a void in many many lives. I took for granted that he would always be there when I walked through the door with a "Hey Baby!".

See you again one day, Lou - I know you'll have my Chopin & water with lemon ready!

1 comment:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.