Friday, April 16, 2010

The Trouble with Pug Blogs

I'm sure most of you know by now about our friend Penny. And that, in short, is the trouble with pug blogs. It's not unlike the only real downside of having a pug or a non-pug dog - or a cat or bird or any kind of furry or feathered friend. Their lives are just too short.

Even though I've never "met" most of you in person, I feel connected to you and I feel like I absolutely know your fur babies. I am so sad for Dana right now.

Hopefully we will all find comfort in having known Penny with all her pug sexiness for however brief a time.

Kiss your puggies - I can't wait to get home and hug mine extra tight.

Rest in Peace, Penny. May there be unlimited supply of whippey cream on the other side of that bridge. If there is, please share with Midi... she loves the whippey cream too.

10 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

What a sweet post!

We're so sad about Sexy Penny, but glad she's not suffering any more. She was MUCH too fabulous and sexy to suffer!

Love,
S-Dog

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Oh no... I did not know Penny, so I just went over to read a bit about her and leave a message for her mom. Penny sounds like she was a wonderful girl and I feel so very sad for her mom and all her friends.
Sending love and hugs your way.
xo

Kelly said...

I couldn't agree more- with everything you said.

We all laugh together, we joke together, and sometimes we grieve together. I hate that last part, but I'm thankful for this support system.

I still haven't stopped crying...

Run free, sexy girl!

Stubby said...

I'm sure Penny and Midi are sunning their sexy bodies on this beautiful spring day. I take comfort in knowing that I'll have lots of friends to play with at the bridge when my time comes.

Smushie Ranch said...

We feel connected to all our puggie friends too. We're so sad about Penny.

Rachel said...

It is the trouble with all relationships we build. One day they will all come to an end - at least an end on this side of the bridge. The important thing is the happiness during the time we got to share here. It is all worth the pain and loss.

Punchbugpug said...

That is so, so true! After all the years of blogging I have done..I DO feel blog friends Pugs are my kin! Pug bloggers are special peeps...just no denying it!
I was so happy to be able to greet my four when I came home tonight....

RIP Sweet Penny!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We can join together and help our hearts heal through this.
More so,,, we can join paws and make a circle of love aroud Dana.
Your words are so true
love
tweedles

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hello Harry -

Although we have visited your bloggy, we have not chatted. We did want to say that this was very kind of you to do for Penny. She was a dear friend of ours.

xoxoxo,
Josie, Izzy, and Anakin

Apollo said...

I'm having a whipped shot too...

Apollo's Mom here: I know what you mean. You all are a big part of my support group. I find comfort in knowing that anything going on with Apollo, that I have you all as friends that can laugh or cry with me. Thank you all for that.