Thursday, September 25, 2008

Alien Cone



Hey pugs and people. I'm feeling better today. Mom and I gots a good night's sleep last night. This morning I went on my normal walk, although sniffing trees was a lot harder with this alien cone on my head. Mom gave me breakfast before we walked which is unusual, but I did not mind. I had some trouble eating from my food bowl so Mom fed me by hand.

I am NOT milking this - it's hard to eat with your head in a cone!

So, anyway. I ate and Mom gave me my yummy stinky treats plus my regular treats! (Note from Harry's Mom: stinky treats are pill pockets) Mom tried to put some stuff in my eyes but I wouldn't let her. Hasn't she done enough already??
(Note from Harry's Mom: If anyone has hints on how to get eyedrops into a stubborn pug's eyes I'm all ears!)

I'm being banished to my crate today, I don't know why. So, I'll try to update you again soon. In the meantime, here's some pictures of my misery.









6 comments:

Eduardo said...

Oh I'm sorry you got to wear that alien cone but I'm glad your home & doing kinda well! My Mom says to tell your mommy to distract you with a treat when putting the drops in your eyes, treat distraction always works with me.
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Rachel said...

Awwww - we hope you get that cone off soon. Winston says to tell you that the cone is super great - you can put treats and water and toys and all kinds of stuff in there to save for later. Also you can ram people with it and be like "oh whoops - I didn't see you there cause I have this GINORMOUS CONE on my head!" - he loved wearing his!

Puddleglum said...

:( Sad day for the Pugalicious! You look so glummy in that cone-- I feel your pain.

I hate getting my nose wrinkle cleaned out. Distraction works with me as well, but nothin works as good as Dad holding me, soothing me, and then very slowly introducing the nasty stuff.

Archie and Melissa said...

oh harry!
you are so cute. :)
you look so stylish in your green bandage. poor baby...the cone does look uncomfortable, but i bet you will be sleeping alot today. emmitt and i send lots of love.
xo
m & e

The Devil Dog said...

Oh, you poor thing! What terrible treatment. We hope you get better soon. However, you do have to let your mom put your eye drops in.

Roxy

I always cradle Lucky on her back, have PlusOne rub her belly, and put the drops (or cream) in that way. Hope that helps.

The Puppies said...

Poor Harry!!!
you look so cute and yet SOO sad in your cone!! We are just so glad to hear you are feeling better and that the surgery went okay. Maggie and Opal have both had to wear cones and they HATED them!!!
Feel better!!
xoxoxox,
The Puppies